Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Go and DO.

Oh how I love my new area! I love Shreveport.
Except for the fact that it is getting very hot!!!!

I am now a biking pro... I will have to post a picture of my cute bike next week because it's currently under construction.... :)

Gladys Knight and the Saints Unified Voices devotional last week was amazing.

In a presentation of music and testimony, people from all different cultures were united together to feel the spirit of the Lord! I absolutely loved it.
WE ARE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS! We may as well act like it!
Our friends Gwen and Sandy accompanied us and we all had a wonderful time together. We went to dinner at outback steakhouse afterwards!
Sandy and Gwen also gave Sister Jenkins and me a Mary Kay foot kit for our sore feet and matching rings! It was so sweet of them!!!




My new area is going really great. I love that I am still in Shreveport!
Here is a picture of my new District!!!! The Stonewall and Coushatta missionaries.



The Stonewall Elders and the Senior Couple Elder and Sister Dean who came from Jackson to help us... got us all moved into our new apartment! And then we went out for pizza afterwards! It was a great day.




I have also started giving Elders free haircuts! Here is me carefully cutting Elder Loftin's hair! Woo hoo!!!


We did a service project last weekend called "Paint your heart out Shreveport" where we were able to go repaint this really cute lady's house! We painted it a nice light color of blue.
Afterwards there was a thank you dinner, and I was able to have my first CRAWFISH!
...... yes. They do look creepy! There is a very special technique to opening crawfish.
Unfortunately..
I got frustrated with the "said technique" and had someone else peel them for me.....
It's a lot of work, for just a little meat!!!!!





An amazing miracle happened this week. As you all know... I am moving into a brand new apartment! Therefore... we have just been getting by with food.

Jerry and Bibbet who are members of the ward here in stonewall took us shopping last week. They told us to get 2 of everything that we needed.... wow. We filled up 2 shopping carts and they paid for everything! It was such a tender mercy! SUCH a blessing! I cried as we loaded all the new groceries into our bare cupboards.




We had a wonderful night of fellowship the other night. People of different faiths all came together as friends and we were able to have supper together and us missionaries were able to share our testimonies about what we believe and who Jesus Christ is to us.
It was a beautiful night and I am so grateful for all the friends I am getting to make here! Look at all these beautiful Children of God!!!



I love mosquito eating Geckos! Aren't they so cute? These little guys snuck into our bags!



Probably the best moment of my week was getting to Skype my family for Mother's day! It was so great to see them. I was really impressed that I didn't cry and I wasn't sad when I had to say goodbye! I was happy to see them, but I really value my time here on my mission and know I will get to see my family again soon!!!!



One of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon is this -

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

I love this scripture because Nephi states so plainly how the Lord will never give us more than we can handle! EVER! :)

I have had a lot of challenges lately. But I know that the Lord will bear up my burdens so that I cannot feel them! He does that for each one of us because he loves us and wants us to be happy.

Sometimes it is hard to press on. Sometimes our burdens seem to heavy.
Or we think that no one knows how we feel.

But I testify to you that someone DOES.
His name is Jesus Christ.

And as we follow his commandments... we will prepare a way for us... just like my favorite scripture says. ^^^^

There's always a way, and there is always a light.
We just have to GO and DO.

Keep your dreams present and hope in your heart,
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment