Sunday, April 19, 2015

Don't rain on my parade


Life is so good. It's been a bike week, and we have been dodging the rainstorms, but life is about learning to dance in the rain, right?
And enjoy the sunshine when it's there :)
okay... i am doing alright. just hanging on. sprinting.

We got our apartment inspected this week and the senior missionaries who do the apartment inspections looked at our vaccumn. they were very impressed that I had cleaned the filter and emptied the dust and hair... etc. out of it.
I guess I have been the only missionary to do that. at least this time around.
#holler!
We went to Lowes on pday last week and bought some flowers and planted them in pots. it was very theraputic and made my insides feel happy. We planted some to take to someone that is special to us because we know she is having a hard time! now everytime she sees the flowers she can remember that she is special and that God loves her.


We taught the cox family for family home evening about 'preach my gospel' and how they can use it to study! and they fed us blueberry cobbler. Chris Cox has cerebal palsy and his poor body is too small for his spirit. I love Chris's laugh and I love the spirit in their humble home.... i am sure they have to spend a lot of money on Chris's medical bills and it just goes to show that the spirit makes or breaks a home!


We watched the restoration movie with some of our investigators this week and I think I have probably seen this video about 100 times. but it's cool because everytime i see it... i learn something new. this time i did let my mind wander a little bit and started comparing the length of everyone's sideburns..... but WOW i pulled it together and enjoyed the rest of the movie :)

An awesome moment this week, did I tell you about the guy Randall who semi-awkwardly serenaded Sister Nash and I on his porch a few weeks ago? Well we gave him a book of mormon, so we went back to see how his reading is going and his girlfriend was there so we could go inside!
Turns out he is DRUMS and GUITARS, and an awesome karaoke machine.
my dad would be in heaven.

SO we let him sing "Imagine" and i'm not going to lie, I jammed out a little bit! And then he let us tell him and his girlfriend about the book of mormon. I couldn't look at sister nash during the karaoke or I would bust a gut laughing. he gets REALLY INTO IT.

missions are so weird and hilarious.

A cute little old black lady let us inside to share a message with her this week and she was so adorable! She got weepy as we told her about Joseph Smith's vision and then she asked us how much a Book of Mormon cost because she wanted one! I think that is the first time that has happened on my mission!

we didn't have very many meal appointments this week because of conference people didn't sign up to feed us. but it was fine and sister nash and I had lots of dinner dates and enjoyed getting to know each other better! I love when my companions become my best friends... not just someone I am living with!

Did i mention it has been raining? Sister Nash and I went and played in the rain one night after we had gotten home and I caught a couple frogs :)



The rain was SO bad on our way to our interviews with President McDonough this week! I thought we all might crash but we made it! And had a great meeting! Our district leader did an analogy of how we deliever our message. He cut a cake and ask who wanted some!
I raised my hand.... of course I want cake.
Well then he threw it at me!!!! HAHA!
And he gave another missionary it NICELY on a cute plate. With a fork.
So the object lesson was that we can deliever our message so that people want it.... we can use the spirit when we teach!
Otherwise it's just like throwing it at them and it lands on the floor.
Oh it was awesome.
#gospelcake




We had a cool lesson with our investigator Gabe who is getting baptized this weekend! He has Aspergers and struggles sometimes with all the relationships in his life.... whether it is his family or his friends or girls!
I promised him that IF he puts his relationship with Christ FIRST....everything else will fall into place.
He lost his reading assignment we had given him and I told him.... "you wouldn't lose the number of a girl you are interested in..."
haha he thought it was funny and told us he would keep track of things better and try harder to put GOD FIRST.

A quote that I liked this week
"Making covenants is the expression of a willing heart;
Keeping covenants, the expression of a faithful heart."


I hope that we can all strive to keep the covenants that we have made with God at all times, and in all things, and in all places!
I promise that as we keep our covenants, Heavenly Father will give us what we need. It may not always be what we want, and sometimes it will be!
But He will answer our prayers and give us what we need!!!

Love yall,
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment