Sunday, June 1, 2014

Giving Back.

Well it's been a little while since I have been able to update, everyone! I am sorry!
I hope you are all doing well! Things here in Louisiana are getting very moist with the summer at our doorstep!! And the mosquitoes are alive, and well.

I am still really loving my new area. This is my 5th week here and Sister Jenkins and I are teaching a lot of people and getting to know the members of our ward (or congregation) here.
I love our church building, it's one of the prettiest I've seen.
The wonderful thing about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, is that since it IS the Lord's church.... it is all across the globe. Anywhere in the world you go... you can find one of our buildings to go to, and all the same things are being taught across the world about the Lord.
If you would like to check it out and find a building near you, go to this website and enter your location!



I must tell everyone about my best friend Bailee Glass!
Bailee's family let us live with them while our apartment was getting ready. We have become really close friends because Bailee is going on a mission in December, and she loves to come out with Sister Jenkins and me.
She also gives us lots of rides and it's fun to have someone our age that loves us! Her Sister Paityn is her same age, and so we went to Bailee and Paityn's graduation last week and had a great time supporting her. I love Paityn just as much but we see Bailee a lot more because she's going on a mission and wants to learn from us!




Speaking of missions... another one of my best friends down here got his mission call!
My buddy Con'trail was baptized a little more than a year ago. It changed his life forever and he loves the Savoir and all the missionaries here so much that he decided to give up 2 years of his time to serve the Lord.
He has been waiting a while to get his mission call, and it finally came last week!
He will be serving in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania mission!
Trail has one of the strongest testimonies of the gospel and such a willing heart. I know he will be a great missionary and a great example to his family, who is learning more about the gospel each day, and maybe one day they will be baptized too. :)
Trail also gave Sister Jenkins and I a hat from his collection to remember him by, and here is a picture of us playing basketball at the church.




We got to help with an awesome service project this week for Sister Sandy Saunders in our ward... helping her pick berries from her backyard!
We had a great time, and the berries taste very good in our morning smoothies :)




We have been so blessed by the members of our ward here. I love them very much. Sister Hardy - who feeds us dinner all the time - made us a cute poster the other day....


And I love getting mail, it's always the best part of my day.

 
We had zone conference yesterday! Whenever we have Zone Conference, we have to clean our cars really well so that they can get inspected.
Since we car share with the Elders, we all had to wash, vaccumn, and clean the car really well. We tried to do the best we could!
Here is a picture of us cleaning....


and here is a picture of us winning the cleanest car award!!!!!


It was fun to be with all the other missionaries at Zone Conference and see some of my old companions! Sister Holbrook and Sister Matson and Sister Hartley (my MTC companion)




Well life is going good here in Shreveport. We had a wonderful conversation yesterday with a man about the Second Coming, and how Jesus will come again soon.
This man - wheelchair bound from an accident - cannot wait to see Christ and to be healed!
It gives me such hope for the world.
We have so many accounts of the healing that Christ did not only in the Bible, but in the Book of Mormon as well.
He always served everyone. He is the greatest example of Charity and Love.

Each day... I feel a little closer to the savior. I have so much to give back to him... he has given me EVERYTHING! And when he comes again... I want him to be proud of me.




Sometimes I wish he would come tomorrow. Sometimes I just wish people would understand how much he loves them.

Christ's love is eternal, it is infinite! We just have to reach out and embrace it.
He loves you. Very much, and so do I!!!!

Have a week full of prayer and praise!
Love you!!!
Sister Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment