Wednesday, November 5, 2014

HaPPy HaLLoWeeN‏

It's Halloween eve... I was thinking that I wanted to do something special for my companion! So I decorated our house while she was sleeping.
On Halloween we woke up and our living room and kitchen were all decorated with spider webs and candy and there were candles lit everywhere and there was a note on our whiteboard that said 
"happy halloween sisters! Love, the thing under your bed."

 


So Sister Nielson started freaking out trying to figure out WHO got in to our apartment WHILE WE WERE SLEEPING and did all this, dead bolting the doors behind them! 
I thought it was pretty funny and so I just went along with it.
So all day she was accusing people and everyone was denying it...
FINALLY that night I couldn't keep it a secret anymore and spilled the beans. She couldn't believe that I did it, and I couldn't believe that she didn't ever even guess it was me that did it!

For Halloween, our ward did a trunk or treat and all us missionaries made our hair a crazy color! It was pretty exciting.



Sister Nielson and I decided to make some banana bread for some of our investigators this week for a Halloween gift :)



Speaking of investigators, we taught the Harris family the word of wisdom and they accepted very readily! It is sure hard for people in the south to give up their sweet tea, but the Lord doesn't want us to have any addictions, no matter what they are!
While tracting this week we met a lady who was selling local honey, and I learned something new this week that local honey can help with you allergies. :) Sister Nielson and I have been sharing our jar and we eat it on toast, cereal, everything!
Kirby, the 80 year old SWEET lady that I was teaching got baptized a couple weeks ago, and I forgot to mention that! I am so glad that I got to teach her! I wish that I could have been there for her baptism, but Sister Sowards sent me this picture!


We got to watch "meet the mormons" over in Gulfport at the church there this week --- which was an awesome movie! I really enjoyed it and it was fun to see that there are members of the church ALL over the world and they are so different, but we all have the same beliefs!


I had an awkward moment after the movie was over.... everyone had to go to the bathroom! I accidentally walked into the boys bathroom. OH it was so awkward! Well that is all i'm going to say about that, don't want to get into detail.

MEMBER NOVEMBER
Sister Nielson and I have been working a lot with the members of the church here. It is so fun to be able to teach their family members, and friends. We love to teach anyone, but especially those that know or have friends that are mormons! They usually have questions and we love to answer them!

I will give an example.
Carla Cannon is a wonderful member of our church. She was away for quite a long time, but she is back now, and she wants us Sister Missionaries to start teaching her grandchildren! We are teaching 4 of them right now, ages 13,12,11, and 10. All the kids were so excited for us to teach them, and I was excited too because I am a kid myself!
So we got 4 new people to teach from one of our memebers this week and we were very excited!

Well to finish off today I just want to write how we need to love our companions! As missionaries, and in the real world too!
How I show my companion that I love her is by making us french toast for breakfast, and by drawing her diagrams of how to wash her feet in our shower :) shower markers make every shower lots more fun.



I love being a missionary! I love representing the savior and to help love others the way that he has taught us. It is the best thing I ever did with my life! Thank you to all who support and love me!
Love, Sister Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment