Tuesday, September 23, 2014

This little light of mine

Bonjour!
Don't have a lot of time to write this week but I wanted to update you on my progress!

Monday was Labor day..... and we had a BBQ (southern style) with a family here in the area that we love!



------FYI---------
BBQ. Is not the same thing as a GRILL. To consider it a BBQ you must - as the people of the south - actually BBQ something. Like sausage or ribs. If you make hamburgers and hot dogs.... that is "GRILLIN." Southerners sure know how to do a BBQ the right way :) and i'm very glad for it!
I even got to churn the ice cream. It was very exciting. And now my arms are sore.


:)

I heard a great quote this week.... thought I would share.
"If he can lead you to it, he can lead you through it."

So on tuesday, it was SO hot. Sister Sowards and I were riding our bikes and decided to stop at Sonic's drive in to get a slushie. We got a couple funny looks from the cars, but overall, it was a very good decision. Did you know that sonic makes powerade slushies?



We had a cool district meeting and talked about how we can bring people light.
It is sad that our brothers and sisters are suffering in darkness. And it is sad, that sometimes... we let ourselves suffer. Don't we all know that the Savior already suffered for us so that we don't have to anymore? We just need to give him all of us.... and he will turn us into something better.

A quote by C.S. Lewis comes to mind.

“Give me all of you!!! I don’t want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work. I want YOU!!! ALL OF YOU!! I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man or woman, but to KILL IT! No half measures will do. I don’t want to only prune a branch here and a branch there; rather I want the whole tree out! Hand it over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them ALL over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self---in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart.”


WE as Christians need to share this light that we have with everyone! We need to band together as Christians!

Something that has stuck out to me recently, is that us Christian people need to find what we have in common.... and talk about it. And share it! Instead of comparing our differences and bashing one another.

We are all children of our father in heaven, and he loves us. He wants us all to return to him.
God wouldn't just want to save a few of his children! He wants us all!!!!!
And that is the message I get to share everyday.
God is our loving heavenly father, and wants us to return to him.

Well speaking of returning, we got to travel out to Mansfield this week... (In our area but about 30 miles away so we don't get to go there very often!) One of our members, Sandy Sanders took us out there to find some lost sheep! Some of our brothers and sisters that we haven't seen at church in a long time... to see if they need anything, and just to let them know that they are loved.

Everyone wants to be loved!
Love is the fundamental principle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Without love.... we would have no purpose!
"For God so loved the world.... he gave his only begotten son."

I sure felt loved this week when our next door neighbor Christian brought us a little loaf of blueberry bread. How did she know I needed that? God must have told her my spirits have been a little weighed down recently!
It made my day.

Also had a cool opportunity to give out 6 copies of the Book of Mormon this week! What a miracle!

One of my good friends, miss Donna showed me something really cute that she got! I want to make some! Look how cute, everyone.



And of course I love little kids. Just one of the crew.


And only in the south do you see things like this.
I love it.



Oh my goodness poor Sister Sowards fell off her bike this week, it was tragic. That girl and her bike! She is alright. Just kinda rolled over when she was trying to get off it and we were in someone's driveway!
Well the guy we were talking to is really cool.
We met him a couple weeks ago and he was headed to go square dancing with his wife.
Well any of you that know me, know I love to square dance and that my uncle von is a "caller" and I would go with him all the time!
So he told us to come back another time!
This week we did.
Turns out he is from IOWA... what are the odds...
and all his kids were music majors at school.
We just had too much in common... it was insane! He told us that he is a missionary for his church and that he has been all over the world! It was so fun to swap a couple stories and he told us that his wife would love to meet us and gave us his card so we could call him another time.

Over all, it's been a good week, and things are looking up. Satan has been getting in my head recently, but I am kicking him out. Thank you for your prayers! I have felt your love and strength.

One more thought.... why do we care what everyone thinks of us?
We should care how they feel when they are around us.
Let's all let our light shine!
The great thing about being a missionary is that I am able to not think about myself so much... and don't really worry what people think about me anymore.

I care what my Heavenly Father thinks... and how he feels about the way I treat his other children.
There is hope in loving our neighbors. Let us be kind to everyone that crosses our path!

Looking upward,
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment