Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Promise of a Rainbow‏

Hello everyone!
It is great to have another Monday! The weeks really are just flying by. I will have been on my mission 6 months on the 23rd of April! That is 1/3 of the way done!!!
It has been raining a lot this week. I have seen a couple rainbows and that made me think back on the story of Noah and how after God flooded the earth, he made a promise that he wouldn't do it again.
13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
 14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
 15 And I will remember my acovenantbwhich is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a cflood to destroy all flesh.
Genesis 9:13-15
God makes promises to each of us, every day! The greatest of which, when we keep the commandments, we will be able to live with him and our families again.
Why did God send us to earth? This is a question many people ponder..... But I know that it was part of God's plan for us!
We needed to gain a body... we needed to have "experience."
But God knew we would sin if he gave us the ability to make our own choices.
That is why we needed a savior.
JESUS CHRIST! THE GREAT MESSIAH!
Do you know what his name means?
The English word Messiah comes from the Hebrew Meshiach, meaning “anointed.” The Greek equivalent is Christos. Both words carry the idea of one who is anointed of God. The Hebrew word Yeshua (Jesus in Greek) means “Savior” or “deliverer.” The two words combined denote one anointed of God to save or deliver His people.
I am so grateful for a Savior. Jesus promised to die for our sins - without expecting anything in return. He only did it because he loved us!


How often do we do things because we expect something back?
How can we be more Christlike throughout the seemingly insignificant moments of each day?
How can we have more Charity? The pure love of Christ?

God has promised us eternal life! He has promised us eternal HAPPINESS!
He has given us hope! And I love to see the signs of his promises....
The words of a familiar primary song come to mind!

"I like to look for rainbows, whenever there is rain,
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again,
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain,
I want to be the best I can... and live with God again!"

One of the greatest blessings and promises that Heavenly Father gives us is the chance for US to be clean again too, just like the earth.
And that is one of the messages I get to tell people about all the time!!!!


I had a great time hanging out with Destany - who got baptized a couple weeks ago this week. :)
Sister Segura made us all the most amazing burgers with rotell and velveta cheese on them!!! #pinterest
And chocolate covered bacon!!! It was a great night! A needed night!





Destany has been having a hard time with some things. Keep her in your prayers.
We talked about the Prodigal son and watched these two videos:
I shared my testimony about how I have been a Prodigal daughter... but Christ is always there waiting for us... with his arms stretched out open wide!!!

In other news... I got to re-apply to be a driver! I had to complete an annoying driving school type of deal. Blech. Hopefully I pass!!! haha! We all know I have a lead foot!!!


I had a wonderful weekend watching General Conference!
It's such a blessing to be able to hear from the living prophet and his apostles!
I went in with 2 questions that have been pressing on my mind... and both of them were answered. I love that! I love getting my prayers answered!
We got to go to our friend Sister Smith's house. She made us cinnamon rolls and tacos and we had a great time with her and her family! We also got to go to one of my other favorite ward families - The Yarringons. Sister Yarrington made me Cherry Pie!

Our investigators Tori and Alexis are doing amazing! We have been teaching them for a few weeks. Tori is 21 and has a 1 year old baby, and her sister Alexis who is 11 lives with her too, and they take care of each other. They are some of the sweetest people I have ever met in my life!
The best part of my week was getting this note from Alexis during conference:



Is that not the most tenderest thing ever???

Well, I am learning patience. The trees and bushes are in full bloom and so are my allergies! Pollen coats EVERYTHING! It is unlike anything I have ever seen before! Gross.
I am truly finding the joy in missionary work. Each day is a blessing and a miracle.

Don't forget the promises Heavenly Father has made to you! He loves you so much! And if you ever need to be reminded... just say a prayer, or ask me, I will remind you.

With Love,
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment