Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Power of Sister Missionaries!‏

Well life is going great down here in Louisiana.
As missionaries we rotate around areas and we get called every 6 weeks to find out if we are moving or staying. We just had calls on January 24... So I am staying here in Brownlee for at least another 6 weeks in case you are wondering!
For everyone who worries about Bill, he is doing great. He is getting back into the swing of things very well and leaning on his friends for support!


We got together with the Zone again this week for a meeting and had a great time!
Here is a picture of me with the Sister Training Leaders for our zone. Sister Zemp, and Sister Smith!


This week has been a little slow, actually this transfer has been slow! The work has been a little slow because of the holidays and because so many people are sick.
I try not to get stressed or discouraged, but honestly when the work is going slow, that is the times I feel closest to the Lord. He knows how it feels to be rejected.
I think that's the way it is with life. The times of trial and tribulation are always the times we come to rely on our Savior, and in turn... grow closer to him and feel his love for us.

I was able to make a lot of new friends!







Something really cool that happened this week is that we have been able to see how powerful sister missionaries can be.
We have been talking with a man named Mr. Green and he told us that
"I can't tell you how many times I have shut the door on missionaries! But there was just something special about ya'll sisters...."
The Green family is one of my favorite families I have met on my mission so far. They are baptists, but they love to feed us and they are always making sure we are warm, taken care of, and happy. I will have to tell more about them later.

We have been able to work with a lot of families in our area that used to be members of the church, but for some reason or another they stopped coming. That has been amazing to see peoples concerns and help them through mis-understandings or times they may have gotten offended or didn't understand something.
One family we don't know their concern, but they wouldn't let missionaries over for a while and they are now letting Sister Brown, Sister Dagupan, and Sister Holbrook inside and even feeding them! They let us help them with some service they needed done last week! We helped plant some tulips and fertilize some soil. I fertilized my shoe as well.


Sister Dagupan got fired from driving this week... she hit a curb and took a nice lil chunk out of our tire. So now Sister Holbrook is driving because I can't drive for another 6 months or so... I have a bad record ;) But at least I've never had an accident! Here is the tire...


It also snowed here this week.. that was really exciting! We were all going crazy because it doesn't snow very often in the south... that just proves how cold it really has been!!!! I have been having to wear lots of layers!



Well the Elders in our district had a baptism this week and it was wonderful. I got to play the piano again! Here is a short story about Evan....
Evan is friends with Brother Kitley (one of the members of the church) and they worked together at Lowes. Evan has studied every religion out there and was even a baptist preacher at one point. He would ask questions about the church and eventually started meeting with Elder Dalton and Elder Taylor. He loved every minute of their discussions and during one lesson they were reading from the Book of Mormon and a question that Evan has had about Adam and Eve and the "Fall" was answered as they read the pages in the book.
He turned to the missionaries and Brother Kitley with tears in his eyes and said this:
"I thought this book was crap. But those words you just read... those words...are some of the most beautiful I have ever heard."
And now he has come full circle within a matter of weeks. He said that the Gospel and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the truth and the answer to every prayer and every question he has ever had.

He couldn't believe that the Mormon church... something for so long he had misconceptions and ideas of what it actually was.... was the church that contained the answers to the deepest questions in his heart and there was no doubt in his mind that this truly is... The Lord's Church!



The Simpsons are leaving soon which will be very sad.. they are the senior couple that helps take of the missionaries in Shreveport! They will get another couple to come in to take care of us, but I love them so much! They always help us out.


Well Sister D and I had a great time washing the car the other day. It was SO cold, but we got it done as quickly as we could!


And here is Sister Holbrook choking me with my scarf.


I just want to tell you that I am so happy and loving my life. I hope you are all well and happy! Please write... I love letters!!!!!!
God Bless you all!

Sister Marissa Jenell Brown
Mississippi Jackson Mission
175 Burnham Road
Brandon MS
39042

No comments:

Post a Comment